Attic insulation in your home is very important constituents of a building material that is also a peak of a comfort level. And also saves your money spent on the heating bills. Attic insulation in Calgary is most important as it makes your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
It is a constant way of energy cost savings. Insulation process protects you and your family from the extreme temperature swings of Calgary by keeping the indoor or outdoor temperature on a constant level. Homeowners spend hundreds or thousands of dollars every year on bills of energy consumption due to improper insulation or ventilation etc.
Attic Insulation Process
- First of all, in the process of attic insulation, you have to get in touch with the representative of Calgary insulation office by contacting them. When you contact the officer he will ask you some questions regarding the work. You will have to answer his questions and confirm the meeting with the insulation inspector.
- After confirming the meeting second step is the insulation inspector will visit your home and after properly examining the home suggest you about your home requirements. Also, tell you about which kind of insulation will be best for your home.
- The third step in the attic insulation process is the installation process. After the initial queries are done and you are agreeing for all the things. Then attic insulation inspector starts doing his work with his whole team after your permission.
- Installation process usually takes about one day or two. During the process, the workers take greater care of your home. And then after doing all the work, they clean up all the mess which is spread during the insulation process.
- When all of the above work is done then it is the time for the insulation inspector to explain everything which you have done in their home to its owner and make the houseowner fully satisfied in every manner. Inspector finish all the pending paperwork and the owner paid for the work done.
- After 2 days of work completion, Calgary insulation office calls you and ask for their service reviews or in case of any query remove your trouble. The purpose of this further inquiry is to assure the satisfaction of their customers.
Types of Attic Insulation
There are different types of attic insulation few of them are mentioned here.
1.Spray Foam Insulation
This insulation is a bit expensive as compared to batt insulation. Spray foam insulation is in liquid form and fill all the extra space, cracks and gaps. When it becomes dry the excess material is cut down making a flat and even surface.
2.Batts and Blankets Insulation
This is the most common and easiest method of insulation. It is available in the form of rolls which are easy to carry from one place to another. Speciality of this insulation is that you can do it insulation yourself but with great care because it loses its effectiveness sometimes about 50 percent.
3.Fiberglass Batts and Blankets
This type of insulation is very familiar and easily available. Its installation process is quite easy. It has sa tandard width and thickness. But this material can cause ithching . when you are installing it you need to wear protective clothes.
4.Loose Fill Fiberglass
This type of insulation is very lightweight hence considered best for attic insulation. But it has a significant disadvantage that the product is so fluffy difficult to handle. Prevent its loose application. Loose application will lose half of its effectiveness in very cold temperature.
5.Loose fill Cellulose
It is suitable for all the seasons at any temperature. But this material is so heavy for attic installations. It is used in ceilings, open wall cavities and unfinished attic floor etc.